February 06: This Day That Year
- 1665 - Birthday: Anne Stuart, Queen of Great Britain (1702-14), born in St James's Palace, London.
- 1685 - Charles II, King of England, Scotland, and Ireland (1660-85), dies (age 54).
- 1778 - Britain declares war on France
- 1788 - US: Massachusetts becomes 6th state to ratify constitution.
- 1836 - Charles Darwin arrived in Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania).
- 1911 - US: 1st old age home opened in Prescott, Arizona.
- 1911 - Birthday: Ronald Reagan, 40th US President (Republican: 1981-89) and actor born in Tampico, Illinois.
- 1912 - Birthday: Eva Braun, mistress and wife of Adolf Hitler, born in Munich, Germany.
- 1918 - Great Britain grants rights to women (aged 30 & over) to vote.
- 1935 - Board game "Monopoly" goes on sale for the first time.
- 1935 - Turkey: 1st election to allow women to vote.
- 1945 - Birthday: Bob Marley, Jamaican reggae musician, born in Nine Mile, Saint Ann, Jamaica.
- 1952 - George VI, King of the United Kingdom (1936-52), dies of a coronary thrombosis (age 56).
- 1952 - Queen Elizabeth II succeeds King George VI to proclaim the Queen of the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth realms including Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- 1958 - Gernany: 21 people died in air crash at Munich-Riem Airport including 8 players and 3 staff members of the Manchester United football team.
- 1964 - Emilio Aguinaldo, 1st President of the Philippines (1899-1901) dies of coronary thrombosis (age 94).
- 2019 - Canada's biggest cryptocurrency exchange (Quadriga) been unable to get to $145 million of bitcoin assets after its CEO dies with its access passwords.
- 2020 - 1st corona-virus (COVID-19) related death in the US (confirmed by the CDC on April 21).