February 09: This Day That Year
- 1773 - Birthday: William Henry Harrison, 9th President of the United States born in Charles City, Virginia.
- 1822 - Haiti invaded the newly founded Dominican Republic.
- 1825 - USA: House of Representatives elected John Quincy Adams 6th US president.
- 1861 - Jefferson Davis & Alexander Stephens elected President & VP respectively of the Confederate States of America (US Civil War).
- 1886 - US: Because of anti-Chinese violence, President Grover Cleveland declares a state of emergency in Seattle.
- 1895 - US: W G Morgan invented Volleyball in Massachusetts.
- 1941 - Netherlands: Nazi collaborators destroy the café Alcazar Amsterdam because the cafe refused to hang "No Entry for Jews" signs in front of cafe.
- 1969 - USA: 1st flight of the Boeing 747 jumbo jet.
- 1970 - Birthday: Glenn McGrath, Australian cricket fast bowler (124 Tests, 563 wickets), born in Dubbo, New South Wales.
- 2020 - British Airways Boeing 747-436 makes fastest supersonic flight from New York to London (4 hours and 56 minutes /1,327 km/h).