February 11: This Day That Year
- 1847 - Birthday: Thomas Edison, American inventor born in Milan, Ohio.
- 1916 - Emma Goldman was arrested for lecturing on birth control.
- 1919 - Germany: Friedrich Ebert elected president.
- 1942 - "Archie" comic book published.
- 1945 - WWII: Declaration of Liberated Europe signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill and Joseph Stalin.
- 1904 - Birthday: Keith Holyoake, 26th Prime Minister of New Zealand born in Pahiatua.
- 1934 - Birthday: Manuel Noriega, Panamanian general and dictator born in a Panama City slum, Panama.
- 1969 - Birthday: Jennifer Aniston, American actress born in Los Angeles, California.
- 1973 - Pakistan plays its first one day international (was played against NZ in Christchurch).
- 1978 - China lifts ban on works of Aristotle, William Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.
- 1990 - Nelson Mandela released after 27 years of imprisonment in South Africa.
- 1993 - US: President Bill Clinton selects Janet Reno to be first female US Attorney General.
- 2014 - Pakistan: 11 people were killed after a grenade was thrown in a movie theater in Peshawar.
- 2014 - Algeria: 77 people were killed after a military transport plane crashes.
- 2016 - Mexico: Riots between rival drug cartels at a prison in Monterrey, resulted in 52 deaths.