February 13: This Day That Year
- 1258 - Mongols conquer Baghdad & slaughtered tens of thousands, ending the Islamic Golden Age.
- 1349 - Jews expelled from Burgdorf, Switzerland.
- 1633 - Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei arrived in Rome for his trial, for professing belief that earth revolves around the Sun.
- 1861 - US: Abraham Lincoln declared President in Washington, D.C.
- 1917 - France: Dutch exotic dancer Mata Hari arrested in Paris on suspicion that she is a German spy.
- 1945 - WWII: Allied planes started bombing Dresden, Germany, 22,000+ people died.
- 1945 - USSR captured Budapest, after a 49-day battle with Nazi Germany,159,000+ people died.
- 1974 - Birthday: Robbie Williams, English singer born in Stoke-on-Trent, England.
- 1991 - US bombed Iraqi air raid shelter, killed 300+.
- 1997 - Birthday: Michael Jackson Jr., son of Michael Jackson, born in Beverly Hills, California.
- 1997 - Joseph Stiglitz became Chief Economist of the World Bank.
- 2001 - El Salvador: An earthquake (magnitude 6.6) killed 400+ people.
- 2010 - India: A bombing at the German Bakery in Pune killed 10 and injured 60+ people.
- 2020 - January 2020 (reported on Feb 13) was the hottest January in recorded history.