February 15: This Day That Year
- 399 BC - Greece: Philosopher Socrates sentenced to death by the city of Athens for corrupting the minds of the youth.
- 1564 - Birthday: Galileo Galilei, Italian astronomer, physicist and engineer born in Pisa, Duchy of Florence, Italy.
- 1812 - Birthday: Charles Lewis Tiffany (jeweler by profession) founder of Tiffany & Co, born in Killingly, Connecticut, USA.
- 1936 - Adolf Hitler announced manufacturing of the Volkswagen Beetle.
- 1943 - US: Wartime propaganda poster "We Can Do It!" published & posted on the walls of Westinghouse Company's plants.
- 1954 - Matt Groening, cartoonist and writer born in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- 1986 - Philippines: Ferdinand Marcos won presidential election (rigged). Philippines National Assembly authorizes 6 more years of presidency.
- 1989 - Afghanistan: Soviet military occupation of the country ends.
- 1993 - Colombia: Bombings by mafia drug lords killed 14 in Bogota.
- 1998 - England: The Angel of the North, 20 m tall by Antony Gormley was installed at Gateshead.
- 2005 - US: YouTube was launched.
- 2012 - Honduras: Fire at Comayagua prison killed 350+ people.
- 2017 - The Indian space rocket PSLV-C37 successfully launched 104 satellites in single flight.