February 18: This Day That Year
- 3102 BC - Epoch (origin) of the Kali Yuga as per Hinduism.
- 1879 - Sculptor Frédéric-Auguste Bartholdi received patent for his design for the Statue of Liberty.
- 1902 - Charles Lewis Tiffany founder of Tiffany & Co, died at 90.
- 1933 - Birthday: Yoko Ono Lennon (wo John Lennon) Japanese singer & artist, born in Tokyo, Japan.
- 1954 - Birthday; John Travolta, American actor born in Englewood, New Jersey.
- 1967 - Birthday: Robert Oppenheimer, theoretical physicist known as the father of the atomic bomb (Manhattan Project), died due to throat cancer (age 62).
- 1973 - Frank Costello, Italian-American gangster (The Prime Minister of the Underworld), died due to a heart attack (age 82).
- 1996 - Kenya played its first ODI at Cricket World Cup (v India, Sachin Tendulkar scores 127).
- 2001 - FBI agent Robert Hanssen arrested for spying for the Soviet Union. Convicted and sentenced to life in prison.
- 2004 - Iran: 250+ people died near Neyshabur in when a run-away freight train carrying sulfur, petrol and fertiliser caught fire and exploded.
- 2013 - Belgium: $50+ million worth of diamonds stolen in an armed robbery at Brussels Airport.
- 2016 - Pope Francis questioned US Presidential candidate Donald Trump's Christianity over his demand to build a wall on the US-Mexico border.
- 2018 - Aseman Airlines flight crashed in the Zagros mountains, Iran, all 66 people on board died.