February 19: This Day That Year
- 1405 - Timur (Amir Timur, Tamerlane), Turko-Mongol ruler died (age 68).
- 1878 - Thomas Edison got patent for his gramophone (phonograph)
- 1906 - Will Keith Kellogg and Charles D. Bolin found the Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company, now known as Kellogg's.
- 1914 - US: 4 year old Charlotte May Pierstorff was mailed by train from Grangeville, Idaho to her grandparents’ house 73 miles.
- 1936 - Spain: Manuel Azaña became Prime Minister for the second time.
- 1942 - Australia: 150 Japanese warplanes attacked the city of Darwin
- 1944 - Germany: 800 British bombers attacked Berlin.
- 1945 - US 5th Fleet with 30,000 Marines launched invasion of Iwo Jima against the Japanese.
- 2012 - Mexico: 44 people killed in prison brawl between two rival drug cartels in Apocada.
- 2013 - 12 people are killed and 11 are injured after a Yemeni Air Force plane crashes in Sana'a
- 2014 - Ukraine: Government crackdown on protesters killed 26 people.
- 2018 - Syrian government forces bombard Ghouta, 100+ civilians were killed.