February 27: This Day That Year
- 1594 - Henry IV crowned King of France.
- 1844 - Dominican Republic gained independence from Haiti.
- 1892 - Louis Vuitton, French founder of the Louis Vuitton brand of leather goods now died (age 70).
- 1950 - China: General Chiang Kai-shek elected president of Nationalist China.
- 1951 - US: 22nd amendment ratified, limiting Presidents to 2 terms.
- 1969 - Syria: General Hafez al-Assad became head of Syria due to a military coup
- 1995 - Iraq: Car bomb explodes in Zakho, North-Iraq (50+ people killed).
- 2004 - Philippines: Bombing on a SuperFerry 14 by Abu Sayyaf killed 116 people.
- 2012 - Wikileaks began disclosing 5 million emails from private intelligence company Stratfor.
- 2019 - Egypt: Train crashed into a buffer at Cairo's main railway station killed 25 people.
- 2019 - Japan: The smallest baby boy ever born (original birth weight of 268g/9.45oz) goes home from Tokyo hospital.
- 2019 - Pakistan shot down an Indian fighter jet and captured the pilot (later released).
- 2020 - Dow Jones Index observed its biggest points fall in history closing down 1,190.95 in New York.