February 28: This Day That Year
- 1759 - Pope Clement XIII allowed Bible to be translated into various languages
- 1847 - US defeated Mexico in battle of Sacramento.
- 1915 - WWI: French forces tried to drive the Germans forces back into the Champagne region resulting in 50,000+ casualties.
- 1947 - Taiwan: February 28 Massacre: Anti-government uprising in Taiwan violently put down by Chiang Kai-shek and his Kuomintang-led Republic of China government resulting death 20,000+ people.
- 1972 - US President Richard Nixon ends his historic visit to China.
- 1988 - Azerbaijan: Anti-Armenian pogrom, 30+ people killed..
- 2004 - Taiwan: Over 1 million Taiwanese people participated in the 228 Hand-in-Hand Rally to form a 500-kilometres long human chain to commemorate the 228 Incident in 1947.
- 2005 - Iraq: A suicide bombing at a police recruiting centre in Al Hillah killed 127 people.
- 2013 - Bangladesh: 35 people are killed in violent demonstrations.
- 2013 - Iraq: 28+ people killed and after a series of bombings across Baghdad.
- 2013 - World’s first organic computer - The brains of two rats were successfully connected over the internet.
- 2019 - YouTube announced it will stops all comments on videos featuring children because of pedophiles leaving inappropriate comments.