January 10: This Day That Year
- 1839 - First auction of tea from Assam (India) took place in London, UK. Overthrowing tea monopoly of China.
- 1863 - 1st underground railway opens in London, England. - 1911 - 1st photo in US taken from an airplane, San Diego (California). - 1951 - UN headquarters opens in Manhattan, New York.
- 1957 - Harold Macmillan becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- 1966 - India & Pakistan sign Tashkent Declaration peace accord. - 1972 - Sheikh Mujibur Rahman arrives in Dacca, East-Pakistan (Now Bangladesh).
- 1862- Samuel Colt, American inventor of Colt 6 shot revolver dies at 47.
- 1880 - Birthday: Manuel Azaña, Prime Minister of Spain (1931-33) and 2nd President of the Spanish Republic (1936-39), born in Alcalá de Henares, Spain.
- 1971 - Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel, French fashion designer dies at 87.
- 1985 - Daniel Ortega becomes President of Nicaragua.
- 1996 - Israel frees 100+ Palestinian prisoners.
- 1997 - Arnoldo Aleman becomes president of Nicaragua.
- 2013 - Pakistan: 81 people killed due to bombings in Quetta.
- 2015 - Pakistan: 57 people killed after an oil tanker collided with a passenger coach near Karachi. - 2018 - Jeff Bezos becomes the second richest person with net worth over $100 billion.
- 2020 - Pakistan: 13 people, including a deputy superintendent of police, were killed in an explosion at a mosque in Quetta.