March 28: This Day That Year
- 1799 - Slavery abolished by NY state.
- 1866 - 1st ambulance services put in action.
- 1920 - Tomas Masaryk elected President of Czechoslovakia.
- 1930 - Turkish cities Constantinople & Angora changed names to Istanbul & Ankara respectively.
- 1959 - China dissolves the government of Tibet & installs Panchen Lama.
- 1962 - Military coup in Syria, President Nazim al-Kudsi flees.
- 1969 - Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th US President, dies at age 78 (born October 14 1890) due to heart failure.
- 1986 - Birthday: Lady Gaga (Stefani Germanotta), born in New York City.
- 2017 - World's largest dinosaur footprint (1.7 meters) found in Kimberley, Western Australia.