March 29: This Day That Year
- 1790 - Birthday: John Tyler, 10th US President (1841-45), born in Charles City County, Virginia (died January 18 1862).
- 1795 - Ludwig van Beethoven (age 24) performs as pianist (debut) in Vienna.
- 1827 - 20,000 attend Ludwig von Beethovens burial in Vienna, 20,000 people attended.
- 1848 - Niagara Falls freeze for 30 hours and stops flowing.
- 1918 - Birthday: Sam Walton, Founder & CEO of Wal-Mart, born in Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
- 1943 - Birthday: John Major, British PM (1990-97), born in Carshalton, Surrey, England.
- 1961 - After a 4 & half years long trial Nelson Mandela is acquitted of treason in Pretoria.
- 1974 - China: 8,000 clay warrior statues (Terracotta Army) discovered, buried to guard tomb China's 1st emperor Qin Shi Huang.
- 1994 - Allan Border (Australian Cricketer) retires from Test cricket.
- 2004 - The Republic of Ireland becomes the first country to ban smoking in all work places, including bars and restaurants.
- 2010 - Two female suicide bombers hit the Moscow Metro system killing 40.
- 2013 - Iraq: 23 people killed by coordinated bombings on Shiite mosques.
- 2015 - Cricket World Cup Final: Australia beats New Zealand at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.